Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't Let the Nerd...

                One summer Wayne got the LIT group to ask me for a “Thought of the Day.”  I enjoyed the challenge, and came up with a few good one-liners with some connection to camp life.  I have wanted to write them down and adding to them in this blog.  I thought of a new one today.
Have you ever noticed a really average guy at camp with an incredibly gorgeous, outgoing, intelligent girlfriend and asked yourself how this could happen?  I can tell you from personal experience that it just doesn’t happen as a part of the natural order of things.  So I have asked myself this question many times and I think I have an answer, in two words.   Prayer warrior.
                How else can you explain it?  One particular example comes clearly to mind.   The first time I saw the girl I thought she had it all.  She was a stunningly beautiful California blonde, had a great personality, a smile that would knock anyone’s socks off, and she arrived at camp to join the staff along with her boyfriend, who was geeky, loud, obnoxious and completely out of her league in the wrong direction.  I thought my first, second and third impressions of him might be wrong, but as the summer progressed, his impressions deteriorated.    The only explanation I could come up with was that he must spend hours every day in personal prayer and worship, and God decided to bless him.  I mean, realllllly bless him.
                So, my Thought for the Day for all the single girls out there is simple.  Don’t let the nerd be the only one praying about your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment